Our building opens at 8:45am
The tardy bell rings at 9:15am
Dismissal begins at 3:45pm
- Do not cross the double yellow lines coming into the school. The Sheriff’s Department may write a summons if they witness a violation of this law!
- Students will be waiting in the gym until they are told which number cone to report to. Students will be helped into cars ONLY from these cones. Please remain in your vehicle- teachers are there to assist students into the passenger’s side of the vehicle.
- Please work with your child to learn how to buckle his/her seatbelt! Child safety seats and booster seats are required for all children until their 8th birthday. (Code of Virginia Article 13- Section 46.2-1095)
- In the event that your child is not yet in the gym when we call for him/her, we ask that you pull up past the first cone to wait.
- For student safety, anyone picking up a child may be asked to provide identification.
The safety of our children is our biggest responsibility. We are asking that you make afternoon plans for your children before they leave home if at all possible. If your afternoon plans change in the course of the day and you must call, please make sure you contact us BEFORE 2:00pm so that we can get your child to the correct location. We do understand that emergencies sometimes happen; however, receiving phone calls after 2:00pm makes it difficult to get the message to your child because some classes are on the playground and other children have end-of-the-day jobs.
We can keep our children safe with your help! We appreciate your help and support in this matter.
AES Faculty and Staff